ABOUT THE EVENT
ROLE OF CIRCULAR MATERIALS IN PACKAGING, LOGISTICS AND RETAILERS SECTORS
One of the most important functions of the packaging industry over the next decade will be to increase its sustainability. This event is part of a series of 8 sector consultations in the 8 regions of Romania. The results of these meetings and workshops, concluding with the European conference, aim to shape a strategy such that by 2030 Romania will be a circular economy leader in Central and South Eastern Europe.
Building on these prerequisites for sustainable packaging practices, the circular economy will be a key factor, the focal point and the main indicator of the supply chain of packaging.
The conference aims to come up with solutions to these future sustainability requirements, giving insight into the key challenges and solutions the supply chain faces to evolve towards a circular economy.
This event is part of a long series of 8 sector consultations in the eight regions of Romania, and the results of the conferences and workshops, based on regional consultations and concluding with the European conference, will be the way to shape a strategy to achieve our mission, that by 2030 Romania, will be a circular economy leader in Central and South-Eastern Europe in the circular economy.
8:30am // Registration, Coffee & Mingling
9:00am // Welcome
9:15am // Session 1 & 2
10:15am // Session 3 & 4
11:30am // Session 5
12:15pm // Break for lunch
1:00pm // Session 6
2:15pm // Workshop
3:00pm // Coffee Break
3:30pm // Workshop
4:15pm // Session Q&A,
Closing the conference and workshop
Session 1: Consumer trends for sustainable packaging in a circular economy over the next 10 years.
Session 2: Managing packaging by major retailers to meet the current social and environmental challenges.
Session 3: Enhance packaging sustainability: Combine supply chain management with good design for maximum durability.
Session 4: Innovation for a circular economy – the impact of the latest technologies that transform the future packaging by reducing water consumption, resources, energy and digitization of factories.
Session 5: Standardized procedures for assessing the degree of recycling of packaging.
Session 6: Completely bio-degradable food packaging, mechanically / chemically recycled packaging and system changes, best practices and lessons learned.
Workshop – Questions for discussion
1. Where do we want Romania to be in 2030 and in terms of adopting the circular economy in the packaging, logistics and retailers sectors in terms of adopting Agenda 2030?
2. How do we get there in terms of adopting the circular economy in the packaging, logistics and retailers sectors?
Following the circular economy conference on the role of materials in packaging, logistics, and retail held in Timisoara on May 20, 2019, we would like to bring your attention to the following items:
- There have been speakers from public institutions, the industry, private enterprises, NGOs, and academia. You can download all the presentations that we received here or you can choose to download each individual presentation below:
- GOTIA-CRETIU Cristian – Evenimentul de lansare a Competiţiei Regionale de Eco Inovare şi a Proiectului “Întreprinderi Eco Inovative în Regiunea Vest”
- MUSTACILA Ofelia – Hamburger Recycling Romania
- SCHNEIDER Andreia – Importanța proiectelor de educație ecologică în dezvoltarea economiei circulare
- SZILAGYI Aida – ROADMAP MOVECO – Ambalaje și deșeuri de ambalaje
- The pictures taken at the event can be found here.
- The agenda [RO] can be consulted here.
- The activity report [RO] can be consulted here.
By means of this message, we would like to reiterate our appreciation for our sponsors, collaborators, partners, and for all the participants to our events. Romania’s Circular Strategy 2020-2030 would not be possible without your support and involvement.